Frequently Asked Questions
What Payment Methods Do You Accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa and Paypal.
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
We offer live shipping rates in the checkout. Shipping costs generally start from $10.99 and increase depending on the size of your order.
Live shipping rates are based on weight and calculated using your postcode.
When Will My Order Arrive?
Orders are processed and sent by express post on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week. This minimises the chance of your live insects being held by the post office over the weekend.
Shipping times will vary depending on your location.
Most areas in Queensland usually receive their orders the next business day. For all other locations, we ask that you allow 2 - 4 business days for your order to arrive.
You can opt-in for delivery updates when you place your order, otherwise you can track your order on the Australia Post website.
For more information, please read our Shipping Policy.
If you have any concerns about your order please send us an email: email@example.com
How Can I Be Sure Insects Will Be Alive?
Crazy Critters live insects are carefully packed with dry food, fresh food or a combination of both, to ensure they get sufficient nutrients and moisture during transit and arrive in excellent condition.
All Crazy Critters boxes have adequate ventilation for airflow and are labelled to ensure appropriate handling. We also slightly oversupply our live insects (up to 20%) to account for any small losses, so you can be confident you receive the right numbers in your order, every time.
We understand the most important detail about ordering live insects is that they arrive healthy, and well... alive! So Crazy Critters offers a 100% Live Guarantee. If your live insects arrive in poor condition, let us know and we'll make it right.
How Can I Follow The Progress Of My Order?
You will receive automatic updates about your order as it progresses.
There are very few steps involved in the order process:
- after placing your order, a confirmation is sent by email or SMS
(depending on the details you provided during checkout)
- your order is packed and dispatched on our next post day
(Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday)
- your order is lodged with Australia Post in the afternoon, and tracking information is updated.
- a shipping confirmation is sent.
Not Receiving Our Updates?
We recommend providing both an email address and mobile contact number when placing you order for two reasons:
- our system only provides Australia Post tracking updates to email addresses
- if your email account settings prevent you from receiving our automated email updates (e.g. we receive an 'undelivered' error message), we will provide you manual updates using your mobile number
If you have provided your email address during checkout and are not getting our automated email updates, you can try:
checking your junk folder and mark our emails as 'not junk'
- adding our email address to your contact list or 'safe sender' list
How Do Recurring Orders Work?
On each of our eligible product pages, you will see the choice of either a one-time purchase or a recurring purchase under Purchase Options.
- You can choose to have your recurring order sent weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- All recurring orders will be sent on the next post day (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday) after your most recent billing date.
- No ongoing commitment required, you can cancel at any time.
- To view and manage your current recurring orders, log into your customer account and click on the 'subscriptions' link.
- Then, click on the relevant subscription number to view subscription status, pause / resume or cancel subscription, manually pre-pay subscription, skip next order, update billing details and change shipping address details.
Do I Need To Be Home When My Order Arrives?
We strongly recommend someone is available to receive the delivery of your live insects so they can be transferred to an appropriate environment right away, reducing the risk of losses.
If nobody is home to accept the delivery, your order will either be left in a safe place at your delivery address or returned to your local post office for collection.
Can I Pick-Up My Order?
Currently, Crazy Critters operates as an online-only business, which allows us to offer our customers some of the most competitive prices on live insects. We are not setup to facilitate customer pick-ups.
What If There Is A Problem With My Order?
We do our best to ensure every order arrives on time and in excellent condition.
We realise that sometimes things beyond our control may affect your order, including changes in forecasted weather and unexpected delays in transit times.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll make it right.
Your feedback is important to us, as this helps us continue to improve our products and services for everyone.
What Is The Best Way To Contact Crazy Critters?
As a small business, we are all involved in the day-to-day tasks, including caring for insect colonies, packing orders and dispatch, making it challenging to answer incoming calls.
We ask that you send us a SMS enquiry to our mobile number (0403 382 959) instead, and we will respond as quickly as possible. This is usually the best contact if you have an urgent enquiry or need a quick reply.
You can also send us an email. We check our emails a few times each day, and replies are sent within 24 hours.
Don't have your answer?
please contact us and we'll reply within 24 hours.