>> 30 JANUARY 2024 <<
Shipping has been delayed due to flash flooding and road closures throughout South-East Queensland.
We hope to resume shipping from as early as Wednesday, 31 January 2024 and ask that you please continue to monitor our website for further updates.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns about a recent order you placed with Crazy Critters, please contact us on (07) 5317 6062 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
>> DECEMBER 2023 <<
Our office will be closed from 3:00pm Friday, 22 December 2023 until 3:30 am Tuesday, 23 January 2024.
During our closure, we will continue monitoring incoming email enquiries, and respond as soon as possible.
Although the office will be closed, the farm will continue to send orders each week placed via the website according to the following shipping schedule:
Important Shipping Days
shipping on: 2 & 3 January 2024;
shipping on: 9 & 10 January 2024;
shipping on: 16 & 17 January 2024; and
- shipping on: 23 & 24 January 2024
- we won't be able to facilitate phone orders during our closure as our office will be closed.
>> FROM DECEMBER 2023 <<
Please be advised that Crazy Critters will be implementing a price increase on Giant Mealworms and Mealworms, from December 2023 due to the rising costs of production.
We are committed to providing high-quality feeder insects at competitive prices, and appreciate your business and continued support through this time of growth and change.
If you have any questions or concerns about this price increase please don't hesitate to contact us on (07) 5317 6062.
- $ 44.99 per Kg of Regular Mealworms; and
- $ 49.99 per Kg of Large Giants.
>> FROM NOVEMBER 2023 <<
We have seen an overwhelmingly high demand for our live insects over recent weeks, with many of our bulk quantities selling out quickly.
Our Production Manager is working around the clock to increase our volume to try and meet the anticipated demand over the coming Summer months, and into the New Year.
In the meantime, we truly appreciate your patience and support.
HOME DELIVERY SERVICE
>> FROM JANUARY 2024 <<
We are now looking to reinstate our home delivery service in South-East Queensland.
A list of eligible suburbs will be published on the website shortly.
Home Delivery Fees
Unfortunately, the previous $14.99 flat-rate fee is no longer sustainable and we will be moving to a tiered pricing system.
The minimum charge will be $ 24.99 with price increasing based on order volume and travel distance.
Our aim is to provide a local service that offers our customers an alternative to the express shipping option currently available.
Benefits of Home Delivery
There are a number of benefits to receiving home delivery for your order, including:
* your live insects are packed and sent the same day, maximising their freshness;
* reduce the risk of losses by removing any unnecessary stress;
* avoid delivery delays that is unavoidable with Australia Post at times;
* a set delivery schedule means you know when you're order is going to arrive; and
* potential to save money on higher volume orders, where express shipping costs can increase dramatically.
>> FROM SEPTEMBER 2022 <<
Tax Invoices are now available for PDF download on the Order Confirmation page.
Order Invoices can also be downloaded via the Customer Account Portal at any time, using the following steps:
* Log In to your Customer Account;
* Under 'Order History' click on the Order # to view your order details;
* Scroll down until you see the 'Download PDF Invoice' button;
* Click the button to begin the automatic download;
* Once complete, the file will open in a new internet window;
* To save a copy to your computer, click on the 'Download' icon ( ⤓ );
* Select the location on your computer to save the document, rename the file, and click 'Save'.
Please note, a printed copy will always be provided with your order.
BULK NUMBERS CHANGED
>> ONGOING <<
It is important to avoid overcrowding in bulks to minimise losses.
For this reason, we have decided to change the number of live insects in our bulks to try and ensure the best possible quality is maintained during transit.
SHIPPING DAYS CHANGED
>> ONGOING <<
As a result of order volumes, our current shipping schedule has been changed, as follows:
- Interstate orders sent on Tuesday each week
- Queensland orders sent on Tuesday and Wednesday each week
The new order cut-off times have been updated accordingly.
ORDER CUT-OFF TIMES
>> ONGOING <<
We have decided to change the order cut-off time to make packing and sending orders more manageable for our small team.
ALL orders are subject to our order cut-off time of 9:00 pm for next-day dispatch.
- Orders placed before 9:00 pm Monday will be sent on Tuesday.
- Orders placed after 9:00 pm Monday until 9:00 pm Tuesday will be sent Wednesday.
- Orders placed after 9:00 pm Tuesday will be sent on the following Tuesday.
- We send orders to NSW, VIC, SA, and TAS*
- All interstate orders are sent on Tuesday each week.
- Orders placed before 9:00 pm Monday will be sent on Tuesday the same week.
- We will try our best to continue packing and sending interstate orders placed throughout the day on Tuesday, however, this depends on our capacity on the day.
- Orders received after 9:00 pm Monday will likely be sent on Tuesday of the following week.
>> ONGOING <<
If you have a question about ordering with Crazy Critters, please visit our F.A.Q's page to see if we have already provided an answer before contacting us.
We try our best to respond to customer enquiries as soon as possible, however, with only a very small team here at Crazy Critters it is very important that everyone is available to help prepare orders and care for insect colonies.
If your enquiry isn't answered on our F.A.Q page, you are welcome to send us an email, SMS text message, or submit a contact enquiry via the website but we ask that you please be patient while waiting for a response.
Please do not call the Crazy Critters mobile - this number is reserved for urgent SMS enquiries only regarding current orders.
For stock availability, please check the website.
All sale stock is listed on the website, as it becomes available. If a product is "sold out" on the website, we don't have any stock available for purchase.